Forms Available at the Assessors Office
- Resident Senior Citizen/Disabled Person Deduction Form
- Veteran’s /Surviving Spouse/Civil Union Partner Deduction Form
- Disabled Veteran’s Exemption form
- Supplemental Peacekeeping Mission Forms. These are needed at times for veterans that served in any peace keeping missions.
- Tax Appeal Forms ( Limited during the applicable time period) Appeals must be filed By April 1st of the tax year with the Union County Board of Taxation
- Other Abatement Forms (If applicable)
Qualifications for Deductions Available at the Assessor’s Office
Senior/Disabled Persons Deduction - Deduction amount $250.00
- Person must live in the house and have an income of less than $10,000 not counting.
- What they receive from Social Security/Disability. All other income is included. For Senior Deduction person must be 65 or older and show proof of age.
Veteran’s Deduction - Deduction amount $250.00
- Person must be an honorably discharged veteran that served in the prescribed time periods on the form.
- Copy of discharge papers preferably their DD2-14 forms required by law.
Other Deductions Available
- Homestead Rebate
- Property Tax Reimbursement (Property Tax Freeze)
- These are available through the New Jersey Division of Taxation. Application must meet all The specified criteria set by the division. Amounts and criteria are subject to change.
Important Web Site Links
- www.NJACTB.org This is the County Tax Board web site. Used to look up assessment and sales information.
- www.ucnj.org Union County web site. Has a link to the Union County Tax Board site.
- www.state.nj.us Anyone Can access the Division of Taxation thru this site.