DATE & TIME:
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Eastern)
(1pm Central / 12pm Mountain / 11am Pacific)
In this webinar, Dr. Dennis McCarty of the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health at Oregon Health & Science University will present an overview on the treatment and prevention of opioid use disorder (OUD) in the U.S. This 90-minute webinar will cover:
- Historical federal initiatives that provided treatment for OUD
- Opioid agonists: most effective therapies for OUD
- The limited access to pharmacotherapy
- The chronic nature of OUD and rates of return to use
- Approaches to preventing OUD and the role of overdose education and naloxone distribution
This FREE training event is brought to you by the Great Lakes ATTC, Pacific Southwest ATTC, Northwest ATTC & the Western States Node of the NIDA Clinical Trials Network.
Click here for our presenter's brief bio.