The Be SMART campaign promotes responsible gun storage and asks all adults to take simple steps to reduce the harm that can occur when unsupervised children get ahold of an unsecured firearm.
Join a brief presentation to learn about the Be SMART campaign:
Hosted by 8th Ward Councilwoman Michele Yamakaitis
April 25, 2016
John T. Gregorio Recreation Center
330 Helen Street
Linden, NJ 07036
SMART adults follow these five easy steps to keep kids safe:
- Secure guns in homes and vehicles
- Model responsible behavior around guns
- Ask about unsecured guns in other homes
- Recognize the risks of teen suicide
- Tell your peers to be SMART
For more information on the event, call Councilwoman Yamakaitis at (908) 925-2309.