Forms Available at the Assessors Office
- Resident Senior Citizen/Disabled Person Deduction Form
- Veteran’s /Surviving Spouse/Civil Union Partner Deduction Form
- Disabled Veteran’s Exemption form
- Supplemental Peacekeeping Mission Forms. These are needed at times for veterans that served in any peace keeping missions.
- Tax Appeal Forms ( Limited during the applicable time period) Appeals must be filed By April 1st of the tax year with the Union County Board of Taxation
- Other Abatement Forms (If applicable)
Qualifications for Deductions Available at the Assessor’s Office
Senior/Disabled Persons Deduction - Deduction amount $250.00
- Person must live in the house and have an income of less than $10,000 not counting.
- What they receive from Social Security/Disability. All other income is included. For Senior Deduction person must be 65 or older and show proof of age.
Veteran’s Deduction - Deduction amount $250.00
- Person must be an honorably discharged veteran that served in the prescribed time periods on the form.
- Copy of discharge papers preferably their DD2-14 forms required by law.
Other Deductions Available
- Homestead Rebate
- Property Tax Reimbursement (Property Tax Freeze)
- These are available through the New Jersey Division of Taxation. Application must meet all The specified criteria set by the division. Amounts and criteria are subject to change.